We are a trustworthy partner
We run our business 100% on trust of our buyers. Through we have served thousands customers from 40+ countries (US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain,Australia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia…) and are keeping 100% customers happy so far, we have humble that we know it’s very difficult to build your trust w/o holding our product at your hand. While to save our buyers’ budget, we are very conservative on spending money on Ads and hopping words just spreading out by themselves. So we do this FAQ to address concerns on our products and services.
Sources of the questions are either from emails to our service account, or from public forums like Reddit, head-fi. And we’ll keep maintain it with new customer questions coming to us.
How can I ensure I’ll get exactly as described on your website?
We ensure you that:
- For the outlook of the product (e.g., earphone shells): all the pics in the DIY courses are taken by ourselves in the lab. We are not professional photographers and just want to show your the original appearance.
- For the performance of the product (e.g., drivers): we design these kits and publish the original measurements. You are free to ask a dedicate measurement on your kit and evaluate it with your own judgement.
We understand “sound quality” is very subjective. And words like “same as the original one” are not helping our buyers to evaluate the kit, and they are self-promoting and suspicious. So we encourage our buyers to share their genuine, even critical impressions which everyone could refer to.
You refund shipping for impressions, are you bribing buyers to fake good impressions?
Definitely NO! We want to be very transparent of the quality issues of our product or services. And the purpose of refunding is just to get buyers’ help to spread the message out.
We ensure you that:
- We refund for critical impressions for sure, as long as it ‘s genuine and helps the community to evaluate us.
- The only thing we ask is the post is genuine and objective, with meaningful info and bring real value to the community.
- Of course we’d expect buyers could communicate with us before posting a negative impression, so we have the opportunity to address the issue before it go public.
Why Is Your Kit So Cheap? Are you try to cheating money and go away like many fishing websites?
We source directly from factories who manufacturing or assembling components for earphone vendors like Sennheiser, AKG, BOSE, Shure, JBL, etc. So we get really reasonable price. Although we can not disclose most names of our upstream sources as it’s our business privacy, we can tell you one of them is Foster in Panyu City, China, the biggest earphone drivers manufacture in the world. And also to share you a common sense, BOM (Building of Materials) cost is only a small portion (10~20%) of the final price of the earphone, that’s why we can offer you the DIY kit (basically the building materials) in such a low price.
And we want a long term business and won’t do nothing short-sighted to hurt our customer.
Are you selling fake components like those on ebay or aliexpress?
We hate these fake earphones as much as you. Or even more because it hurts our business heavily as we live on trust.
So one thing clearly differentiating us from those fake-earphone vendors is being professional.
- We design these DIY kits where you can never find in anywhere else.
- We build earphones and share our experiences with the community
- We are very responsive to questions, even many of them are not directly related to our products
How can you ship from China while the earphone is a German/US/Japan… brand?
It is simply because these components are available in China! You should have know that almost all top earphone vendor like Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, SONY… have most of their products made in China. See a list of top 10 earphone brands made in China. If you have concerns on it, check the official announcement like this:
Sennheiser ODM from China on https://en-au.sennheiser.com/service-support-services, “…we manufacture our products at three factories… In addition, we use capacities at long-term partner companies in Europe, Asia and America who fulfil our strict quality requirements.” that’s why you see IE80 and most low to hi-end IEMs are marked as “madein china“.