This is a premium wood over-ear open back DIY kit built by Earphone DIY Labs inspired by Grado GS3000e, a $1,800 premium price product, and the finest wooden-cased headphones we have ever made. The EDL GS3000e is an open-backed design so it is better be used in studio or private listening room – it not only leak out lots of sound but let in everything too. The open design also means that your ears don’t heat up over time.
Note this is a DIY shell kit including wood cups, front cover and bracket as shown in above pics, drivers and headband are NOT included.
- Elegant, Grado GS3000e compatible cups cut by high-precision CNC lathe from large chunk of maple with laser printed characters.
- 2 wood cup color options: original wood (painted with transparent wood stain) color or black
- Cup holders (brackets) are made of high quality stainless steel, with 2 color options: black colored or not
- High quality Grado G/S/L cushions
- Compatible with all 40/50mm headphone drivers
Question about shipping? View shipping service. Want more custom options? Ping us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know about Grado Labs GS3000e
Grado Labs GS3000e got 5/5 all star rating on What’s Hi-Fi (Review):
The Grado GS3000es need a listening room. That sounds like an odd thing to say about a pair of headphones, but get a pair and that’s exactly what you’ll wish for. The GS3000es are an open-backed design. They not only leak out lots of sound but they let in everything too. Voices, traffic noises, kettles boiling, you name it – all will intrude on your listening experience to varying degrees. During testing, it isn’t long before we see the look of disapproval from anyone sitting near us, once the high-frequency ’tiss-tiss’ emanating from the rear of the headphones starts getting on their nerves. The solution? Go to a quiet space, away from anyone likely to disturb or be disturbed. A dedicated listening room, for instance.
The DIY kit is pre-assembled as displayed in the product pics, including:
- 2 X Grado GS3000e compatible maple wood cups, in original or black color
- 2 X cup holders (brackets) made from stainless steel, black colored or not, with installation accessories
- 2 X front covers (driver housing), 3D printed with highly durable engineering plastic
- 2 X G-Cushions and 2 X S-Cushions
- (optional) 6N OFC, silver plated, 8 cores hi-end cable with carbon fiber enhanced 3.5mm jack and Y splitter
Headphone shell and cables
The wood cups, pre-installed with the bracket (stainless steel, painted in black)
The wood cups and front cover (3D printed, support 40~50mm drivers)
The front cover also serves as the driver housing, so please do specify the size of the front cover per your driver’s outer diameter.
The cup holders made of stainless steel, painted in black or not printed.
The wood cups in black, pre-installed with the bracket (stainless steel, painted in black) Hi-end 6N OFC, 8core cable with carbon-fiber enhanced jacks and spliters
Grado G Cushion and S Cushions
There are no reviews yet.